Fire Hydrant Repairs and Replacements
Our most common repairs fall into five different categories:
- Lowering/Raising – The right height is important when it comes to fire hydrants. Sometimes it can shift to an improper height if any work was done nearby such as road widening or landscaping.
- Fixing Leaks – We’ll quickly eliminate water loss with a fast leak location and repair.
- Repainting – Public hydrants are to be painted yellow in the Wake County area, while private ones are to be painted red.
- Replacing Worn Parts – We can source every part of the hydrant assembly the job may require.
- Full Replacement – We can connect a new, reliable hydrant to your fire main.
Get the Fire Hydrant Services You Need
Call us at 919-917-7579 or send a message to schedule an appointment for any of your storm drain needs.
Water Worx Inc. offers repair, installation and maintenance services on fire hydrants to businesses in the Triangle. We can help with the smallest repair up to full hydrant and pipe installation for new construction sites. Our technicians will make sure your hydrant is compliant with regulations and ready for public safety with ease and professionalism. Contact us today for more information or to schedule a consultation.
A broken fire hydrant can be dangerous for public safety. Most damage to hydrants come from cars backing into the hydrant or grazing past. In addition, extreme weather or construction nearby can cause the hydrant to shift or have valve failures and malfunction. Whoever is using the hydrant could also end up damaging it for future use. Hydrant repair professionals will repair the hydrant by stopping leaks, replacing parts and lubricating components.
To help avoid repairs, some steps you can take include:
- Make hydrants as visible to cars as possible with bollards and markers.
- Perform consistent testing and freeze protection.
- Do flow testing.
Do you have a problem with your hydrant? Water Worx can help. We provide expert repair service for any hydrant problem, guaranteed to get your hydrant functioning properly and ready for action. Contact us online for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Fire hydrants typically need to be replaced every 50 years. Although, some things that can impact the service life of a fire hydrant include:
- The type of material it is made out of.
- How well it is maintained.
- Its level of exposure to severe weather conditions.
Some fire hydrants are built to last up to 100 years, but do require regular maintenance to ensure that they last their full lifespan. Additionally, if you have a fire hydrant that is near a heavy traffic area, there is the possibility that it could be damaged by a car and have to be replaced. To find out more about getting your fire hydrant replaced, contact us today.
For a home in Raleigh, NC, minimum distance is only specified between fire hydrants along the road. They must be no more than 600 feet apart.
The distances required between a fire hydrant and any building vary by jurisdiction and by whether the building is commercial or residential. Water Worx Services is the Triangle’s trusted Utility Specialist that can help you adhere to the exact code for your location when performing any fire hydrant service. Get started with us today with a free estimate!
Fire hydrants are built to last many decades with proper care, 50 years or more. However, many may not last that long due to:
- Car accidents.
- Accidental breaks by the fire department.
- Faulty parts that are more trouble to replace individually.
- Improper maintenance.
If your hydrant is over 50 years old, a replacement is probably not too far off. Get a free estimate from Water Worx Services today!
A fire hydrant should be flushed twice a year, in the fall and in the spring. It’s a quick process to remove any sediment that has accumulated and should take around 15 minutes or so.
Fire departments will flush your hydrant occasionally, but for better maintenance, you should sign up for a biannual plan which includes regular flushing with your local utility specialist. Water Worx Services is the expert to call now in Raleigh, Durham and the surrounding areas.